Tuesday 14 July 2015

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes


Cleaning our makeup brushes should be a regular element in our beauty regimen. It can be a mundane task but it is an important step to getting rid of the dirt and bacteria that have nestled in the bristles. You know it's time to clean your brushes when you feel a slightly extra build up sitting on your face when you apply makeup. Yeap, it's recommended to clean your brushes every week but since I don't wear makeup everyday, I would just clean my brushes every three to four weeks. But if you suffer from acne, I think it would be better for you to wash your brushes more regularly than an average person. Below are the steps I would take when I clean my brushes:- 



I start with preparing the cleaning utensils: mild shampoo, cloth and shallow cup. I'm using Johnson's Baby Conditioning Shampoo as I find it will leave my brushes thoroughly clean and soft after wash.


Put about 5 drops of shampoo into the cup filled with 1/4 of tap water.


I carefully dip the tip of the brush into the cup making sure that the water doesn't touch the area where the metal meets the body of the brush as to not damage the glue that hold these two parts together.


I start swirling the brush around in the cup and let the water turns cloudy and throw it in the sink. Then I rinse the brush tip under running water until the water runs clear from the brush.


Next, I squeeze out the excess water with a clean cloth while also reshaping the bristles as I go.


Finally I lay out the clean brushes on the cloth and let it dry overnight. I don't recommend using a hairdryer to quickly dry the bristles as I find it will spoil its shape.  

And that's all what it takes to clean my brushes. After all the money we've spent, it's just so important to protect this little investment of ours to make sure the quality remains good for a long time. Also clean brushes are great for your skin too. Hope you enjoyed this visual blogpost and let me know how you keep your brushes clean in the comment section below. 


Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment