Friday 17 July 2015

Eid Mubarak

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Kuih Makmur made by yours truly

Assalamualaikum,

It's my second year celebrating eid in Melbourne. Yesterday, I spent the whole day in the kitchen and I was really on fire. I prepared laksa johor, rendang, ketupat palas and kuih makmur. I had a mishap in the kitchen while doing kuih makmur but thankfully in the end it turned out okay. So glad I did it, if not it wouldn't feel like eid. 

After we had our breakfast, I went to the post office to collect some packages. On the way there I bumped into a Malaysian family as they were wearing the Malay's traditional attire. I said hi and wished them 'selamat hari raya'  (eid mubarak in Malay). We chatted for a bit and found out they were on holidays. They asked for the direction to the St Kilda beach and I briefly guided them. I walked with them to the tram stop and bid farewell. Even though it was a few minutes chat, I felt great for interacting with another fellow Malaysian on Eid. 

If you guys are wondering why I didn't go to the Malaysia Consultate, I wanted to it's just that I'm really really shy to go. Hopefully next year I would have more courage to meet them by myself. Ice breaking session is not something I'm good at without feeling awkward and shy. Anyway, to end this post I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Selamat Hari Raya or Eid Mubarak.  May this special day shower you with love, peace, goodness warmth and togetherness. Please forgive any of my shortcomings and mistakes said and done intentionally or unintentionally. 

2 comments:

  1. Selamat hari raya Sarah. Your kitchen sounds more meriah than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahhh arinaaahh... selamat hari raya to you too my dear.. have to la kata housewife.... bukan susah sangat pun hehehe... hope you had a good raya babe =)

      Delete