Wednesday 23 July 2014

Where to get moulds for Malaysian's kuih muih


Hi everyone,

Today I'd like to share with you some stuffs I bought for my cooking missions. These are moulds that are used to make some of Malaysian's favourite traditional savoury delights such as karipap/curry puffs, roti jala/soft net pancakes, kuih loyang/honeycomb cookies and kuih bakar/baked cake. I have already made roti jala and kuih bakar with the moulds but did not take proper photos for the blog but I have uploaded them on my instagram. Click on the hyperlink to visit my page at instagram and let's connect, ok? Sounds good? Cool, now let's talk about the vendor. 


Initially I was looking for a curry puff mould in the internet and man.. it was really hard to find it. I found few blogs that were selling this but I wasn't really impressed with the price and the cost of the shipping. So I continued searching and searching.. typing in keywords in english and malay.. then boom it led me to this facebook page RNZ Kitchenware Trading. It's a retail shop located at Sungai Buloh, Selangor in Malaysia and the prices weren't too bad...

1. Curry Puff mould 8cm : RM2.90
2. Curry Puff mould 10.5cm : RM3.90
3. Roti Jala mould : RM 4.90
4. Kuih Loyang mould : RM 16
5. Kuih Bakar mould : RM 15.90
Total : RM43.60

Shipping cost to Melbourne, Australia : RM52

So in total I paid roughly about AUD$32.00 for five items. They gave me the small curry puff mould in blue to me for free as I decided to get it after I paid. I believe it was just RM1.90 per unit. The price and shipping cost were great but the only drawback is that they don't have Paypal services for customers to make payment. Lucky for me I still have a Malaysian bank account that I can use to transfer funds locally. But if you're still interested to purchase their items, give them a message on their Facebook. 

I'd guess that's all for now. Hope this post is helpful if you were looking for the moulds. Have a pleasant day and I'll see you in my next post. Bye! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment