Wednesday 2 April 2014

Daiso AUD$2.80 Cosmetics - Are They Worth It?


Going to Daiso is like going to Disneyland for me. I get very excited and can just stay in the store for few hours and look at each one of the items. They make solutions for any little problem that you can think of. Sometimes you end up buying things that you don't really need just because you think it doesn't hurt your pocket so much. You can find anything there from beauty, health, kitchenware, organizers, snacks, sports equipments and so forth. However, I do find that some items are great for the price and some are not. This includes cosmetics.

Recently, I purchased few eye shadow items to test out the quality and I was very surprised that some 
are quite pigmented. If you're getting the palettes, I recommend the four quad and below, as anything above will leave you with chalkiness and powdery eye shadows. 

Four Quad Eye Shadow Palette 






Dark Brown Cream Shadow Stick




Swatches








As you can see the colours came out very pigmented and shimmery. It doesn't show a huge sign of chalkiness which is really great for the price. These four harmonious "earth tone" colours are perfect for everyday look and it's not too glittery for those want to stay humble and down to earth. The swatches of the four quad palette look slightly paler than the cream stick shadow though but it is expected as the colour alone is worth AUD $2.80. Plus, it glides on easy onto your lid and quite waterproof. You can expect it to last throughout the day without creasing, flaking and fading.

Next is the 6 eye shadow palette (which I'm not really fond of)






Hmm. The photos can speak for themselves right? The only colour that I can accept is no 4 as I don't have it in my eye shadow collection. But look at the highlighter (no.1). It's unbelievably pale. I really wish I hadn't bought this, I'd rather spend it on another cream shadow stick.

My only complain is the stick can be a little bit fragile. Avoid dropping or throw them around when using it. If you're not careful it might end up looking like this..
.
.
.
.
.



Sigh! But for $2.80, what do you expect?

Hope you find this useful. If you like this review, please comment below I would love to hear from you. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment